November 13, 2013
A recipe from our “Indian cooking workshop”
We’d like to share with you one of the recipes that our residents made during the first Indian cooking workshop held at Melon District.
We are talking about a delicious “Chapatis” or also known as Indian Bread.
Ingredients (4 people):
– 200 g of whole wheat flour
– ½ cc salt
– 100 grams of ghee (clarified butter)
– Warm water
– Mix flour and salt
– Create a well in the center
– Add the warm water
– Form a lightweight and malleable dough
– Knead 5 minutes
– Leave for a while in an oiled bowl, covered
– Divide the dough into eight pieces and form flat circles
– Always store the raw dough covered
– Remove excess flour from the chapatis and lightly sauté in a special pan with no oil.
– When have you toasted it on both sides, spread with ghee and leave it covered.
Now is time enjoy this delicious bread!
A recipe from Yves Nicolier