Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Melon District team.
Please send us your CV and/or cover letter.
We will contact you if we have an opportunity that matches your profile and keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies.
The Student Hotel is an award winning, high growth and international hospitality company headquartered in Amsterdam. The concept of The Student Hotel combines the best of the hotel industry and student accommodation. It takes pride in serving a young, international and mobile community with great facilities, savvy design and opportunities to make friends for life.
The Student Hotel has been awarded the "Best Hotel Concept of 2012" by Venuez, the "Best Innovation Hotel" by MKG Group’s Worldwide Hospitality Awards in 2014, and the "Best Hotel Managed Company in the Netherlands" by ING & Deloitte in both 2014 and 2015. The goal of the company is to become the leading European hybrid housing hospitality brand with properties in top university cities that attract international students, young professionals and young travelers. The company started in the Netherlands. Since 2014, the company experienced strong growth by acquiring new companies in Spain and France and new projects in the Netherlands, Italy and Germany. The future growth strategy will include Dutch cities, Paris, Berlin, London, Edinburgh, Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Milan and Lisbon.
In 2014, The Student Hotel secured 150Mn funding from US leading private equity fund Perella Weinberg to expand the business throughout Europe, and another 100Mn from APG (leading Dutch pension fund) in 2015. Backed by top tier investments fund, the target is to operate at least 10,000 rooms by 2020. This implies an aggressive and ambitious expansion strategy led by the corporate development team which seeks to acquire 10-12 new projects over the next 1-2 years.
The Student Hotel is looking for an intern (minimum of 6 months, longer period preferred) to join the corporate development team and be a key contributor to the European expansion of the company. This is a role for someone who wants to work in a very demanding and entrepreneurial environment (but backed by leading private equity firms) with the mentality to help build one of the leading European hotel chains in Europe. The position is suited for a quick learner, with a hands-on approach and who is capable to work under pressure on various projects directly reporting to the senior management. The position is based in Amsterdam and requires travel in Europe.
Main Responsibilities & Duties
- Performing analyses in the sourcing processes of UK or pan-European investment opportunities including valuation, cash-flow and operating models
- Assisting the corporate development team in research, modeling, analyses, due diligence, execution of transactions
- Preparing, updating and running financial models
- Preparing investment memorandum, general marketing materials, etc. - Liaising with external partners including lenders, administrators, lawyers, tax advisors etc.
- Day-to-day work will be varied and comprise a mix of sourcing, execution, meetings with advisors, preparing analyses and administration Skills & Experience
- Previous internship experience in either M&A / consulting (top tier consulting firm), transaction services or corporate development
- About to graduate from a top tier business school, engineering school or university with outstanding academic qualifications
- Ability to prepare complex financial analyses and models
- Strong corporate finance, quantitative and technical skills
- Outstanding Excel skills, PowerPoint and Word
- Capacity to interact directly with senior management
- Self-motivated and self-starter; ability to take the lead, work under pressure and perform under tight deadlines
- Fluent in English; proficiency in another European language is an advantage (Italian, Spanish, French, German is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Naturally curious, innovative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- Willing to be based in Amsterdam, able to travel and eligible to work in the EU
The internship would start as soon as possible for a minimum of 6 months (longer period preferred) and could potentially be followed by a hiring in the development team.
Paid internship, accommodation provided.
Please forward your application with resume and cover letter to Arnaud Leblanc: email@example.com
Résidence concernée: Melon District Paris La Défense
Le réceptionniste est le principal ambassadeur de l’esprit Melon, il transmet par son savoir être et son savoir-faire les valeurs véhiculées par la marque et veille au bon déroulement des séjours des clients que ce soit pour de courtes ou longues durées...
Ses principales missions
- accueillir les clients
- enregistrer les arrivées des clients
- vérifier toutes les données relatives au séjour du client
- vous assurer que le client est satisfait de la prestation
- suivre le séjour du client
- effectuer la facturation
- effectuer le départ des clients selon les procédures établies.
- effectuer les réservations lors de la fermeture du service réservations
- effectuer les attributions des chambres
Le réceptionniste reporte hiérarchiquement au Chef de réception
- Formation hôtelière pré ou post bac
- 1ère expérience validée en réception en hôtellerie
- Anglais indispensable, troisième langue appréciée
Prise de poste: juillet 2015
Salaire: Entre 20.000 et 26.000 annuel selon poste et profil.